Pages

Saturday 23 February 2013

Meet & Greet and APD1



Well, here I am in my house. Absolutely shattered so looking forward to having plenty of rest over the weekend to prepare for Monday! Thought I would update my blog... whilst I have the time.

Meet & Greet
We left nice and early so we would be in Nursling for 10am, which was where we needed to pick up the keys. After meeting the housemates I didn't already know, I quickly unpacked before getting ready to go back to the Nursling training centre in the afternoon.

We had to be back at Nursling at 1pm for our uniform fitting, which was something I had been looking forward to. After this there was a talk by CTC, which included a short presentation where we received our epaulettes - my favourite part of the uniform! At the end of this we were given our flight bags meaning we now had the full pilot kit and were all ready for our first day in uniform at Nursling...

APD1
We have a few Airline Preparation Days throughout our training, with the first being the day after our meet and greet. The day was primarily about learning about our course, our coursemates, as well as more information on our selection results. There were a lot of non-technical skills involved - after all, flying planes isn't just about going up, down, left and right! It was an interesting day and definitely cannot wait to start groundschool on Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Were you on the Integrated Whitetail ATPL or did you do the EASA CPL MEIR and then the AQC?

    ReplyDelete