Pages

Sunday 25 May 2014

Multi-engine phase is here


On a high, as today was my first DA42 flight; after all the waiting, I finally got to fly the beast!

Today was a generic general handling flight and was really to just get a feel for the aircraft and how it handles in various situations. After getting to grips with the fact I had two huge engines on two huge wings with two huge winglets either side of me, I managed to taxi it to the runway without bashing into anything (the clearance is extremely close, so safe to say it was a concern of mine!)

I practiced medium and steep turns, as well as stalls in various configurations (clean; approach; base to finals turn). After getting the hang of that I was talked through an emergency descent, which was great fun - basically consisted of lowering the gear and pointing the aircraft straight down to the ground.

Tomorrow I am going up for my circuits flight, which I cannot wait for - I will get to fly the entire flight (today take off and landing were demonstrated to me; unsurprisingly they have a much bigger kick than the Cessna!) Can't wait to have all of that power at my control on the take off.

Bunch of photos! 










RH engine start and a steep turn:

No comments:

Post a Comment