Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

My first IFR flight

I had the first of my 8 C172 IFR flights today! Was absolutely fantastic to get back up in the air. Today's lesson involved flying the SID, before practising point to point tracking and a few other bits such as spot wind checks. After this we practised some hold entries, before flying the VOR DME approach. Lots to do in 2 hours!

Both me and a friend had our flights back to back, so we each back seated one another's flight - this is really beneficial, as you see everything unfolding without having to concentrate on everything too much. All in all it was absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to go up for my next lesson, which involves practising the VOR DME approaches some more.

A few photos from my phone


The scenery isn't too bad!



Not a great shot, but Clearways from above

Today's aircraft

The mad evening fuel pump queue



No comments:

Post a Comment