Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

March Open Day

Rubbish Blackberry quality, but still pretty cool nonetheless!
I helped out at the CTC Nursling open day today. It was great to finally be one of the cadets that I remember seeing when I visited the training centre! All of us volunteers were put into small teams and rotated around the building so that everyone 'had a go' of everything. I really enjoyed helping in the selection room, as it was nice to try and help people who were exactly where I was not even a year ago! I managed to get myself helping on a fixed base Boeing 737 300 sim, which was amazing. I started off by controlling the computer to reset the sim/position it, but after a short while I was soon put into the left hand seat helping the pilots-to-be land this 737 Classic into Gatwick, which isn't really something I get to do too often. Luckily when everyone had left, the sim wasn't booked for any training so a few of us cadets were allowed to have a play around on it ourselves, which turned out to be my first (if unofficial) sim session. Basically I had a great day, met lots of people and had a lot of fun. Cannot wait until Wednesday when I have another sim session booked!

No comments:

Post a Comment